Thotakura leaves and stalks 3cups(or one bunch)
Onion small chopped 1
Tomato chopped 1
Green chilli 2
Lemon size tamarind (soaked)
Turmeric powder 1/2tsp
Red chilli powder 1-1 1/2tsp
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds 1/2tsp
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Urad dal(Gram dal) 1/2tsp
Channa dal 1/2tsp
Red chilli 2 (tear into pieces)
Garlic cloves crushed 2-3
Onion small finely chopped 1
Curry leaves 10
1. Wash the thotakura and keep it side.
2. In a vessel take thotakura, onion, tomato, green chillis, tamarind and one cup water, cover with lid and cook on medium flame for 10minutes.
3. Now add salt, Turmeric powder, Red chilli powder if needed then add 1/2 cup water and cook with out lid until thotakura becomes soft.
4. Make it as a mushed course paste by using a spoon.(u can skip this step)
5. Heat oil in a vessel or pan add mustard seeds, cumin seeds let them crack, add urad dal, channa dal fry until they become red, add red chillis fry for few seconds, add onion, hing, garlic and curry leaves fry for 1-2 minutes.
6. Now add cooked thotakura mixture to popu and combined well.
7. Keep it on low-medium flame for 2minutes.
6. Serve hot with rice.