Drumsticks 2 or frozen 12 pieces
Onions finely chopped 2 or 2cups
Small red onions(shallot) Frozen 10
Red chilli powder 1tsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder 1/4tsp
Tamarind paste 2tsp( or lemon size ball soak and extract pulp)
Mustard &Cumin seeds 1/2tsp
Urad dal &channa dal 1/2tsp
Red chillies 2(tear)
Curry leaves 10-15
1. Heat oil in pan and add popu items one by one and fry.
2. Add onions & small red onions(shallot) and fry for 1-2 minutes on low flame.
3. Add Drumstick pieces(Cut into 2") and stir well, cover with lid and allow it to cook on low flame.
4. After 5 minutes add salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix well if needed then add water cover it and cook.
5. Keep strring in between till it done.
6. Now add Tamarind paste and combined well and cook it on low flame for 5 minutes and switch off the stove.
7. Serve hot with Rice.
Using Pressure Cooker:
1. Heat oil in cooker pan and add popu items one by one and fry.
2. Now add onions Fry for 1-2 minutes, add Drum sticks fry for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add salt, redchilli powder, turmeric powder and tamarind paste and mix well and add water.
4. Now place the lid and whistle, allow it to cook for 2-3 whistles.(depends on the quantity of Curry)
5. Wait for 20 minutes and put curry in serving bowl and serve hot with rice.
Note: Onions gives more taste in this curry, if u want then add more onions.
usually i did't use any curry powder or coriander powder in this curry. i love the traditional smell of drumstick.