Kakara kayalu/Bitter gourd(cut into 1inch pcs) 1lb
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Butter milk 2 cups
Oil 4-5 tbsp
Onion finely chopped 1/2 cup
Coconut powder 3 tbsp
Chilli powder 2 1/2 tsp(adjust with your spice level)
(you can use fried red chillis 3-4)
Garlic cloves 4
Grind these 3 into powder and use as chilli powder.
1. Cook bitter gourd with butter milk and turmeric powder till its become soft.
2. Arrange cooked bitter gourd pc's in a wide plate and leave till they become dry(over night/you can keep in sun light to dry).
3. Now in a pan heat oil, and fry bitter gourd for 4-5 minutes on medium flame or till the edges turn brown in color, add onion mix well and fry for 5 more minutes on medium to high flame.
4. Now add salt mix well and fry till the mixture turns brown in color.
5. Add garlic-coconut powder mix well and fry for 3-4 minutes on medium flame and remove from heat.
Goes well with rice, any dal, sambar....