Basmati rice 2cups
Wash and soak rice for half hour, cook with 3cups of water, while cooking add 2tsp ghee and mix well. After cooking spread the rice in a tray.
Grated fresh coconut 2cups
Salt to taste
Green chilli sliced 3
Red chilli 3
Ginger-Garlic paste 1tsp
Mustard seeds 1/2tsp
Cumin seeds 1tsp
Channa dal 1tsp
Urad dal 1tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan, fry cloves, cardamom, cinnamon for few seconds.
2. Now add mustard seeds, cumin seeds let them crack, add urad dal, channa dal, red chilli fry for few seconds.
3. Add ginger garlic paste and fry, add cashew nuts, green chilli fry for few seconds.
4. Now add grated coconut mix well with popu, fry for 2-3 minutes.
5. Sprinkle salt over the coconut mixture mix well.
6. Now add cooked rice to coconut mixture mix well and keep it on low flame for 2-3 minutes remove from the stove, add finely chopped cilantro.
coconut rice is ready...... to serve hot........
While frying coconut stir well, keep the stove on low flame other wise the mixture burnt quickly.
you can use ghee instead of oil.
you can use only ginger paste or chopped ginger.