Bay leaves 2
Cinnamon stick 1inch
Whole pepper 1/4tsp
Onion finely chopped 1
Ginger garlic paste 1/2tsp
tomato finely chopped 1
Green chilli (slit) 3
Mint leaves finely chopped 2tbsp
Coriander leaves finely chopped 2tbsp
Turmeric powder 1/4tsp
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder 1/2tsp(optional you can use only green chillies also)
Garam masala 1/2tsp
Basmati rice 2 cups(soaked for 20 minutes)
Water 2 1/2-3 cups(if you want full soft biryani rice then add 3cups otherwise add 2 1/2 cup)
1. Heat oil in a Pressure cooker, add bay leaves, cloves , cinnamon stick whole pepper one by one and fry for few seconds.
2. Now add finley chopped onion fry for 1 minute add ginger garlic paste fry for few seconds or until the onion mixture leaves oil.
3. Add tomato, green chilli fry for 1minute, add mint and coriander leaves fry for few more seconds.
4. Now add yogurt mix well and keep it in medium flame add shrimp combined well.
5. Now add turmeric powder, salt, if you want spicy then red chilli powder, garam masala powder combined well.
6. Cook shrimp with out adding water until half cooked.
7. Now add water to the shrimp mixture and bring it to boil.
8. Add soaked basmati rice stir well and pressure cook it for 2whistles.
9. Remove from the flame, wait for 1/2hr, remove the lid and add 2tsp ghee on top. Add some lemon juice also.
Serve hot with raitha or with shrimp curry or with any gravy with lemon