Ponnaganti aaku 2cups
Toordal/Kandi pappu 1cup
Salt to taste
Green chilli 3-4 Adjust with your spice level
Turmeric powder 1/2tsp
Mustard seeds 1/2tsp
Cumin seeds 1/2tsp
Red chilli 1
Urad dal, Channa dal 1tsp
Onion chopped 1(small onion)
Curry leaves few
1. Clean and wash Ponnaganti aaku, toor dal, tomato, green chilli.
2. Now Take ponnaganti aaku, toor dal, tomato, green chilli, tamarind with one glass of water in a pressure cooker and cook for 3 whistles.
3. Now wait for 15 minutes, open the pressure cooker lid, add salt and turmeric powder mash cooked dal as a coarse paste.
4. Now heat oil in a vessel, add popu items one by one and fry.
5. Add mashed dal mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat and remove from flame.
Tasty and healthy dal is ready to eat.
Goes well with Rice, roti and chapathi.