Bitter gourd/kakara kaya(cut into 1inch pieces) 5
Onion Cut into cubes 2
Red chilli powder 2tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4tsp
Salt to taste
Garlic cloves 2
1. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry bitter gourd pieces till they become slightly brown and keep aside(don't over fry until they turn fully brown, crisp and hard).
2. Now grind Onion+Salt+red chilli powder+garlic cloves as a coarse paste.
3. Heat 2tbsp oil in a pan, add the onion paste and fry for 1-2 minutes, add turmeric powder mix well.
4. Now add fried bitter gourd pieces mix well when this paste starts leaving oil.
5. Keep the stove on medium to low flame and fry until you get golden brown color.
6. Remove from the stove, take it into serving bowl, serve hot with Rice, ghee, pappucharu/sambar/any dal.