Gongura leaves 3cups(one bunch)
Red chilli 8-10(Adjust to your spice level)
Cumin seeds 2tsp
Garlic Cloves 2
Cumin seeds 1/2tsp
Urad dal &Channa dal 1/2tsp
Onion finely chopped small 1
Mushed garlic 1clove
Curry leaves 10
1. Wash gongura and leave it for 1/2hr or drain water completely.
2. Now heat 2tsp oil in a pan and add gongura and fry it for 15 minutes(not less than 15minutes depends on the quantity of gongura and it may vary) on medium to low flame, remove from the flame.
3. In the same pan fry red chilli, cumin seeds and garlic.
4. Cool these fried ingredients and first grind red chilli, salt, cumin seeds, garlic as a powder, then add fried gongura and grind as a coarse paste.
5. heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds fry for few seconds, add urad dal, channa dal fry for few seconds, add finely chopped onion, mushed garlic cloves and curry leaves.
6. Fry for few seconds and add this popu to pachadi and mix well.
Serve with rice and ghee.
note: Don't add water while grinding.
You can also do like this, while grinding add chopped onion and just grind it for few seconds(in this way you can skip popu).