Brinjal 1/4kg cut into cubes
Tomato chopped 2
Onion chopped big 1
Curry leaves one stalk
Dry coconut powder 3tsp
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder 1tsp(adjust to your spice level)
Dhaniya powder(coriander powder) 1tsp
Cumin powder(jeera powder) 1tsp
Urad dal 1/2tsp
Channa dal 1/2tsp
Mustard seeds 1/2tsp
Cumin seeds 1/2tsp
1. Heat oil in a vessel add mustard and cumin seeds let them crack and add urad dal, channa dal to it and fry for few seconds, then add chopped onion, curry leaves fry till onions get golden yellow color.
2. Now add tomato fry for few minutes, cover it and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add brinjal and mix well, cover with lid and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder(if needed then add very less amount of water) stir well, cover it and cook for 5minutes.
4. Now add cumin powder, Dhaniya powder, dry coconut powder and mix well, do care full otherwise brinjal becomes more soft or mushy.
5. Cover with lid and keep it on low flame for 5 minutes stir occasionally and remove from the flame.
6. Serve hot with Rice or with chapathi.
note: you are doing chopping and cooking parallel then its fine otherwise put brinjal pieces in salt water.