Urad dal/ minapappu 1/2cup
Tamarind soaked grape size ball
Green chilli 5-6(adjust to your spice level)
Garlic cloves 2
Mustard seeds 1/2tsp
Cumin seeds 1/2tsp
Channadal and urad dal 1/2tsp
Curry leaves 10
1. Heat 1tsp oil in a pan fry urad dal till they get light red color or till you get good aroma, do not over fry remove from the pan keep aside.
2. Same pan fry green chilli, garlic by adding little oil and keep aside.
3. Cool these ingredients, Grind dal+green chilli+garlic+tamarind soaked+salt as a paste by adding water.
4. Now heat 2tsp oil in a pan add popu items one by one and fry.
5. Now add this popu to pachadi and mix well.
6. Serve with rice and ghee.