Rigde gourd cut in to small pieces 2cup
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder pinch
Mustard and cumin seeds 1/2tsp
Urad dal and channa dal 1/2tsp
Red chilli 2
Curry leaves 5-10
1. Heat oil in a pan or vessel add one by one popu items and fry.
2. Now add beerakaya (ridge gourd) pieces and fry for 1minute and keep the stove on medium flame.
3. Add Salt and turmeric powder mix well, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Ridge gourd releases some water, cook in its own water, stir well and keep the lid.
5. Cook till ridge gourd becomes soft stir occasionally.
6. Remove from the flame and serve hot with rice or with chapati.
note: do not add water and chilli powder in this recipe.
enjoy the original flavor of ridge gourd.....