Potlakaya(Snake gourd)Medium size- 1(one packet frozen)
Ginger 1/2 inch
Green chilli 3-4
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Urad dal(minapappu) 1/4tsp
mustard seeds(avaalu) 1/4tsp
cumin seeds(jeelakarra) 1/2ts
Curry leaves 10
1. Chop snakegourd into small pieces.
2. Heat 1tsp oil in a pan,add snake gourd pieces and cover it with a lid, Stir occasionally cook it on low flame. Fry until snake gourd becomes soft, remove from the pan keep aside.
3. Grind Green chilli and ginger with out adding water keep aside.
4. Heat oil in the pan add mustard seeds, cumin seeds let them crack,add urad dal(minapappu),red chilli,Curry leaves and fry. Now add Hing, green chilli-ginger paste, turmeric powder fry for few seconds. Add cooked Snkae gourd, salt keep it in low flame about 2minutes
5. Now add this mix to yogurt and mix well.
6. Serve with rice, chapathi or with any breakfast(Idly, Dosa, Rava dosa).