Benda kayalu(Okra) 1/2lb
Wash and Cut into 1/2"-1" size pieces
Tomato Finely chopped 1
Onion Finely chopped 1
Dry coconut Powder 2tsp
Tamarind extract 2tsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder 1/4tsp
Red chilli powder 1tsp(Adjust to spice level)
Coriander leaves finely chopped 2tsp(optional)
Mustard seeds, cumin seeds 1/2tsp
Urad dal 1/2tsp
Channa dal 1/2tsp
Curry leaves 10
1. Heat oil in a pan or vessel add popu items one by one and fry.
2. Now add Onion and fry for 2 minutes, add tomato mix well and keep the lid.
3. After one minute remove lid, add Benda kaya(okra)fry for one minute, add salt, turmeric powder, and red chilli powder mix well.
4. Cover and cook it on medium flame for 5 minutes. Do not add water.
5. Now add Tamarind extract mix well and cook it on medium flame and stir occasionally(if needed then add 1/2cup water) till okra becomes soft.
6. Finally add Dry coconut powder and mix well and check for salt and chilli powder after 1minute remove from stove.
7. Serve hot with rice.