Onion chopped 1/2cup(medium size onion 1)
Ginger chopped 1/4"pc
Tomato Chopped 1
Ash gourd cut into cubes 1 cup
Moong dal (washed and soaked)3/4 cup
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder 1/4tsp
Coriander leaves finely chopped 1tsp
1. Heat oil in pressure cooker pan fry onions, ginger for 1 minute.
2. Add chopped tomato and saute for few more minutes.
3. Add ash gourd mix well and fry.
4. Add salt, chilli powder, moong dal with 2cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
Wait for 15 minutes, remove lid, let it cool for some time, blend the mixture as a smooth puree.
5. Now Strain the puree by using strainer.
6. Add 1/2 cup water to dal puree, reheat the dal mixture and bring it to boil, remove from heat.
Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves on top
Adjust chilli powder and ginger to your spice level.
you can also use garlic cloves 1 or 2.