Pesalu(Greengram dal) 1cup
Cumin seeds 1tsp
Salt to taste
Onion chopped 1/2cup
Green chili chopped 2
Curry leaves chopped 1 stem
Ginger finely chopped 1/2"pc
Coriander cumin powder1/2tsp
Oil for deep frying
1. Wash and soak dal over night, drain the water and grind as a coarse paste, while grinding don't add water.
2. Take this dal paste in a mixing bowl and add all the ingredients except oil and mix well keep aside.
3. Now heat sufficient oil in a pan for deep fry.
4. Take a small ball size dal mixture and place it on wet cloth or plastic sheet, flatten it as a circle shape, make a hole in middle with your finger.
5. Now lift it carefully, and drop vada in hot oil, fry vada both sides until it gets golden brown color, remove from oil(for each batch you can fry 4-5 vadas depend on your pan size).
pesara vada is ready to serve...
Serve hot with coconut chutney.