Besan flour 2cups
Ghee 1cup(reduce it to 3/4 cup)
Cardamom powder 1/2tsp
Cashew nuts & almonds(badam) 1/4 cup(fry with ghee)
1. Heat Ghee in a heavy bottom pan.
2. Add besan flour mix well, keep the stove on medium flame and roast the besan flour until it gets light golden brown color, it takes few minutes nearly 20-30 minutes.
3. Stir continuously while frying to prevent burning, when it reached the color you can smell nice aroma of besan flour.
4. Switch off the stove and transfer the besan flour in to a mixing bowl.
5. Add sugar and cardamom powder mix well and let it cool for some time.
6. Add nuts mix well, if needed add little amount of ghee.
7. To make laddu's take 2tbsp warm besan mixture into your palm, gently press the mixture between your palms to make a round, smooth ball. Do the same for remaining mixture.
let them cool completely before storing into an air tight container.
- Roasting besan flour is an important thing in making besan laddu.
- Careful to prevent buring of besan flour while frying and stir continuously.
- After removing from the heat immediately transfer roasted besan flour into another vessel.